October 16, 2013
I can’t recall where I got this recipe, but I’ve been making these muffins each fall for several years now. They are terrific – moist, perfectly textured and lots of spicy, pumpkin-y goodness. Try them and I guarantee they will be an instant hit!
2 cups pumpkin puree
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups white flour
1-2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl in the order given, until thoroughly mixed but not over beaten.
- Fill each cup until almost full.
- Sprinkle tops with a generous pinch of cinnamon-sugar before baking (this really makes them pretty!)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, then cool on rack.
- Store covered. They also freeze beautifully.
Makes 2 dozen muffins
More again soon. Enjoy!